Sunday, December 6, 2009

Its A Wonderful Life (film): I will stick to a Wonder-Filled life…

~-~-~-~-~- 0 ~-~-~-~-~-
Hi -

Tonight I got to see the movie "Its A Wonderful Life" (1946), which I had never seen.

I have recently grown to have a great fond-ness for Older Movies, Matured Black and White movies - they are familiar, comforting, and thought provoking. And my friend Michael is a movie buff - so - Its A Wonderful Life…




“ George Bailey “, A Man - a man who at every turn was frustrated by who he is. George is a good man, a right man, and yet to the determent of "Himself" (that un-shell-Fish part) he did what was expected of him, what was right for him to do, what was in the benefit of everyone else...

I looked at my friend, Michael, while watching the movie. I was cuddled safe, warm, secure in who he is, or at least who I think he is. And I don't know the sacrifices that haunt this man. The moments in his life that he chose - for the right or for the wrong - but he chose, and he still lives with those choices...

Oh! I am aware that the Human Experience would not simply leave this to men… woman - suffer the same thing. But is different - look at Mary, she had what she wanted, she chose a more grounded existence. She sailed the world with George in a hundred - telling of his desires. She ran off with him, on the wildest adventures, to the bed room - to provide comfort and relief, no matter how the actual story worked out. She, chose to… to love George, for the man he is.  His anger is a circumstance of what she knew “metal” in him is made of, she has a house built with her hands (cause destiny told her they should be there…), she has his children, the tie that binds the heart to love,  and she has his love… All of this and more is as breaking as anything that George did or will do - but hsh was her goal.

George Bailey, broke! the fragile threads of desire, need, wants - unfulfilled, he broke. He saw what others had, and have, and went on - he aspired to the silliness, and child hood fantasy - that were real for someone else... "George Bailey"

It’s A Wonderful Life -  George is one of the lucky ones, the G-D’s answered his plea. For most men, that won’t happen, there will be no answer… I am getting misty right now - thinking of my father, thinking of Michael, thinking of all of the men I know.

It’s is not a A Wonderful Life - that is a judgment at the conclusion of life. Life is wonder-filled…

~-~-~-~-~- 0 ~-~-~-~-~-

And that is the way of the world in Bedford Falls/Pottersville, USA

Ava

No comments:

Post a Comment