Tuesday, December 1, 2009

My Birthday or World AIDS Day: Dang, I have to Share! (smile)

 
Hi!

It's My Birthday!
And so far it has been a very special one!
The Events and People,
who have made an effort to making this just a special day...
Well, I am just moved, deeply…

~-~-~-~ * ~-~-~-~

I can't help remembering that it is:

World AIDS Day
( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_AIDS_Day )
~-~ <*> ~-~
Wikipedia has it as: "World AIDS Day, observed December 1 each year, is dedicated to raising awareness of the AIDS pandemic caused by the spread of HIV infection. It is common to hold memorials to honor persons who have died from HIV/AIDS on this day. Government and health officials also observe the event, often with speeches or forums on the AIDS topics. Since 1995, the President of the United States has made an official proclamation on World AIDS Day. Governments of other nations have followed suit and issued similar announcements."
~-~ <*> ~-~

With that, I am lag-ing this year,
I have not gotten my test yet,
but since I am not sleeping around,
I feel like I am OOOKay!

And that is the point of today.
Whether one is being "around" or not,
"GET TESTED!".
THEN,
Tell your friends,
tell your family,
tell your minister,
tell your children,
tell people at risk,
and those who wouldn't know "risk" - if it fell dead before them...
(bad choice of words...)

The point is “ have you ever put your self at risk!“.
Then it's the example that can be set,
because my life is not just about me.
Then it's the example that can be set,
by an open discussion of this to create awareness.
and by being responsible about this,
and saying no! and insisting on testing from partners.
So that we ensure that each of our lives,
is free from this…

I see,
so much irresponsibility,
regarding maintaining ones health against AIDS.
It's Non-sense in that we would not let someone with the H1N1...

Okay, I am putting the soapbox away!
We know, this story and what has to be done...

~-~-~-~ * ~-~-~-~

Lastly,
Nope!
Nothing else...
( smile )

~-~ * ~-~

And that is the way of the world!

Ava

No comments:

Post a Comment